CBM is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest countries of the world. Based on over 100 years of professional expertise, CBM addresses poverty as a cause, and a consequence, of disability, and works in partnership to create a society
CBMs Brussels office is seeking a:
Intern with the possibility of employment: Administration Assistant
Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply
Contract Period: 6 months as of January 2016 (Please note that applicants must have a valid work permit for Belgium)
Purpose: To assist in the smooth function of CBMs Brussels office
Under the daily supervision of the Finance and HR Officer of CBM in Brussels, the main tasks of the administrative assistant will be to assist in office management, including travel and visa arrangements for CBM Brussels based staff & to assist in financial reporting. In addition to daily office tasks, the administration assistant will also be involved in welcoming advocates and other guests of CBM in Brussels and to assist in the preparation of advocacy events in Brussels.
- Administrative support team
- Organising for meetings
- Drafting of internal reports
- Correspondence management
- Arranging travel & visas (do research to find out conditions for staff traveling to arrange visas, arrange visas on request- fill in forms, go to embassy to deposit forms or collect visas)
- Mail Management
- Logistics for office (Identify office supplies needs and kitchen supplies needs + purchase)
- Welcoming guests to Brussels/arranging accommodation and travel.
- Basic accounting (checking of invoices).
Skills and personal characteristics
- Knowledge of office software (Outlook-Word- Excel)
- Flexible, patient and reliable
- Pays attention to detail, finishes tasks which are assigned, reports progress
- Ability to communicate professionally, in person and by mail
- Enjoys working in an international team; good sense of humour
- Identifies with the values of CBM; committed to promoting the rights of persons with disabilities
- Working languages in the Brussels office: English /French/ Belgian French Sign Language; written and spoken knowledge of French very important
This internship will involve working with various team members on projects designed to build skills and knowledge on administration / disability/. It is ideally suited to a person who enjoys new experiences and working with a team to overcome challenges.
The future intern commits to CBM Child Protection Policy. To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to Murielle Bertrand Murielle.email@example.com by November 30, 2015. Interviews will take place in Brussels on December 11th., 2015.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For further information about CBM please refer to www.cbm.org